AWARDS & RECOGNITION
The following are just some of the many distinctions Blue Valley Schools and its students have recently earned:
- Four Blue Valley high schools were named to the U.S. News & World Report's best high schools list.
- Blue Valley's graduation rate is 97 percent.
- In 2018, 57 high school seniors were named National Merit semi finalists.
- The district's bond rating continues to be excellent with an Aaa rating from Moody's and an AA+ rating from Standard & Poor's. The excellent rating helps to save patron tax dollars b y allowing the district better interest rates on the bonds sold.
- The community agrees that one of Blue Valley's greatest strengths is its dedicated staff. In a Customer Assessment survey conducted during the 2017-18 school year, 92 percent of patrons surveyed said they would give teachers in the district a grade of "A" or "B."
- The CAPS Network has expanded to 31 programs, across 60 school districts in 10 states. The CAPS Network continues to gain greater national visibility and awareness.
- P21, The Partnership for 21st Century Learning, designated Blue Valley's Center for Advanced Professional Studies (CAPS) as an exemplar school for 2016-17. CAPS received this honor for exemplary 21st century learning practices in preparing students for success in college, career and life.
- Blue Valley Schools received The Table of Faiths Award for 2016 by the Greater Kansas City Interfaith Council. The award recognizes an organization that is visible in the community, is making a positive difference in building relationships with diverse religious groups and promotes a pluralistic vision.
- Blue Valley North vocal music teacher Jason Sickel, was named 2017 Kansas Teacher of the Year.
- Blue Valley students outperformed nearly every educational system in the world tested in math and science on the PISA Exam (The Program for International Student Assessment), following only Shanghai, China.
- Blue Valley Schools was named the number one school district in Kansas by Niche Rankings' "2018 Best School Districts in Kansas" list. The district was also topped the Kansas list for the best place to teach, best teachers and best school district for athletes.