ABOUT THE COMMITTEE
The Student Services Advisory Committee will discuss and study topics pertinent to the Student Services department in Blue Valley. The committee's goal is to provide Blue Valley Schools with a resource of knowledgeable and interested staff, administrators and parents. These individuals will raise and study topics and make recommendations that will benefit each student, individually, and all students, collectively, by improving student services in the district. The committee reviews topics and programs related to student services, including guidance and counseling, health services, student wellness, special education, Parents as Teachers and English Language Learners.
- Suggest topics for discussion/study concerning student services to the Blue Valley Board of Education and administration.
- Review topics and participate in discussions pertaining to the Student Services Department as assigned by the Blue Valley Board of Education and administration.
- Make recommendations to the Blue Valley Board of Education and administration regarding the programs in the arena of student services that will maximize learning opportunities for each individual student to reach his or her fullest potential.
- Learn about student services.
- Raise questions about student services support/programs that are being asked by Blue Valley patrons and staff.
- Share with community and staff information that is learned about the Student Services Department in the areas of counseling, health services, student wellness, special education, Parents As Teachers (PAT) and English Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL).