ABOUT THE 18-21 PROGRAM
The 18-21 Program serves 18 to 21 year-old students with disabilities who have met all high school graduation requirements. Students in 18-21 typically receive the majority of their instruction off-campus in community settings. Our goal is to provide students with the skills and resources necessary to live and work as successfully and independently as possible within their community. Students may attend on a part-time or full-time basis as determined by the student's IEP team.
If a student is new to the Blue Valley Schools, has not yet received a high school diploma and you are interested in information about the 18-21 Program, please contact Chad Harvey at (913) 239-7947 for additional information. If it is determined the student is eligible, you will be directed to the student's home high school to begin the registration process.
All students must register and pay fees through their home high school. This is your official Blue Valley registration.
Please print, complete and return the following forms to the address listed below or call (913) 239-7947 to make arrangements to drop them off at the office:
- Pre-enrollment Form
- Authorization to Share
- Chores Checklist
- Post-Secondary Goals Form
- CDOP Agreement Form
- CBI Permission
- Permission to Photograph
- Receiving Email Communication
Please return all signed forms by August 1. All other documents are for your information.
Please send all forms to:
7550 West 149th Terrace
Overland Park, KS 66223
Options for On-Campus instruction days:
- Bring a sack lunch
- Bring a microwaveable lunch
- Purchase a lunch in Academy cafeteria using student's lunch account (same process as high school)
Options for students enrolled in Tuesday
- Bring a sack lunch
- Bring a microwavable lunch
- Purchase a lunch at JCCC food court
If your student has a BV lunch account, please be sure to add money before the beginning of the school year and check the account balance regularly through ParentVue.
REPORT AN ABSENCE
Students and families are responsible for reporting student absences to the school, job site (if community based) and to All Point Transportation.
- To report to the school: leave a message at (913) 239-7900
- To report to All Point: leave a message at (913) 814-0084
- To report to the job site: call the job site directly at the number listed on the communication chain
All Points Transportation is a private provider serving students in our program. Their policies are:
- No food or drink in vehicles.
- All belongings are carried in the trunk.
- Radio will not be played. iPods are allowed.
- All Point will wait for 5 minutes. Their drivers will not honk or come to your door. They are on a tight schedule and will not return if you miss your ride.
- All Point will not transport students if behavior compromises safety.
- All Point will not transport physically ill students.
- It is the parent's responsibility to communicate any transportation changes directly to All Point as soon as they are known.
- All Point requires a minimum of 3 days notice for any significant changes to transportation.
- All Point only provides transportation between the student's home and school locations. They will not transport to a friend's home or after school activities.