If unsure of which elementary school your child will attend, please visit our
boundaries page. Incoming kindergarten students register with their assigned neighborhood school.
JUMPSTART - begin the registration process
The following forms help office staff establish your child's school record. Families receive copies at
Incoming Kindergarten Parent Meetings, held at each building, they may also be completed and returned to the school office.
- Student Profile (English or
Spanish) - BV607/BV608
Home Language Survey - BV114
- Proof of Residency - Purchase contract/lease or utility bill with guardian's name and address within the attendance area.
Please visit the school's website for more information about Kindergarten Round-Up and final registration items.
BASIC GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS
Students are reminded to check with their counselors periodically. Review of progress toward achieving graduation requirements will facilitate timely completion. A student must have completed all graduation requirements to participate in the graduation ceremony.
Separate requirements for Kansas Regents and Kansas Scholars exist. For more information, contact your school counselor.
English Language Arts - 4 credits
- 1 credit - English Language Arts I or Honors ELA
- 1 credit - English Language Arts II or Honors ELA II
- 1 credit - English Language Arts III or Advanced Placement English Language Arts III
- 1 credit - English Language Arts IV or Advanced Placement English Language Arts IV or Contemporary Communications
Social Studies - 3 credits
- 1 credit - History of the Western World or Advanced Placement European History
- 1 credit - U.S. History Since 1865 or Advanced Placement U.S. History
- 1/2 credit - American Government or Advanced Placement American Government
- 1/2 credit - Social Studies elective
Laboratory Science - 3 credits
- 1 credit - Biological Sciences
- 1 credit - Physical Sciences
- 1 credit - 1 Additional Science
Mathematics - 3 credits
Physical Education - 1 credit
Health & Wellness - 1/2 credit
Computer Technology Course - 1 credit
Fine Arts - 1 credit
Electives - 7 1/2 credits
GRADUATION - ACADEMIC RECOGNITION ELIGIBILITY
Beginning with the Class of 2018, Blue Valley high schools will transition from recognizing a Superintendent's Top 10, which historically recognized the top graduating seniors at each high school based on weighted and non-weighted grading scales, to honoring eligible graduating seniors with a Latin-based system of recognition. The system will recognize students at three levels, including:
Cum Laude - Cumulative GPA of 4.000 or higher (calculated after seven semesters)
Magna Cum Laude - Cumulative GPA of 4.300 or higher (calculated after seven semesters)
Summa Cum Laude - Cumulative GPA of 4.500 or higher (calculated after eight semesters)
GPAs will not be rounded in the final calculation for academic recognition eligibility. Students meeting criteria for all three levels will be honored at the end of the year. The transition to a Latin-based system of recognition follows the recommendation of the district's Curriculum and Instruction committee, made up of students, parents and staff. It also mirrors a local and national trend among competitive high schools, colleges and universities. This inclusive system will allow schools to recognize more students for their hard work and provides all students the opportunity to strive for these high levels of recognition.