Students must live inside Blue Valley Schools boundaries to attend a Blue Valley School. If you are within the district boundaries, but not in the BVHS attendance area, please complete the online Student Transfer Request form. All transfers must be approved before we can register and enroll your student.

Complete the forms in the New Student Packet and obtain the following documents:

  • Proof of residency (copy of housing contract, rental agreement, recent utility bill)
  • Copy of Birth Certificate
  • Copy of Immunization Record
  • Unofficial copy of transcript (or current grade card if incoming 9th grader)
  • Withdrawal form with current grades if transferring after school begins

If you will be entering BVHS at the beginning of next school year, complete the enrollment packet for the grade you will be in next year: 9th grade, 10th grade, 11th grade or 12th grade.

Return Paperwork
Return all paperwork to the BVHS Counseling Department via one of the following methods:

  • Fax it to (913) 239-4895
  • Scan and email to Janine de La PαΊ½na (in June or July, email Mary Urso)
  • Drop it by the counseling department in the office
  • Mail it to Blue Valley High School c/o Counseling Department, 6001 W 159th St, Overland Park, KS 66085

Once the paperwork has been verified for completion, the counseling department will contact you to schedule an appointment to meet with the counselor and determine your student's schedule.


All of Blue Valley's high schools offer a comprehensive secondary program accredited by the State of Kansas. Consult the High School Curriculum for details and to find information about each course offered in Blue Valley.

English Language Arts - 4 credits
ELA I or Honors ELA I - 1 credit
ELA II or Honors ELA II - 1 credit
ELA III or AP Language and Composition - 1 credit
ELA  IV or AP Literature and Composition or Contemporary Communications - 1 credit

Social Studies - 3 credits
History of the Western World or AP European History - 1 credit
US History Since 1856 or AP US History - 1 credit
American Government or AP American Government - 1/2 credit
Social Studies elective - 1/2 credit

Science - 3 credits
Biological Sciences - 1 credit
Physical Sciences - 1 credit
Additional Science - 1 credit

Mathematics - 3 credits

Electives - 7 1/2 credits
Computer Technology - 1 credit
Fine Arts - 1 credit
Health and Wellness - 1/2 credit
Physical Education - 1 credit


Career and Technical Education (CTE)
business, family and consumer science and industrial technology

Performing Arts
drama, choir, band, orchestra, speech, debate, forensics, journalism, yearbook and broadcast technology

Physical Education
general education, lifetime fitness, aquatics and weights and conditioning

Visual Arts
2-dimensional and 3-dimensional courses

World Language
French, German, Latin and Spanish (Mandarin is available through KU Edwards)

cheerleading, drill team, teacher/office/counselor's aide, peer tutoring, CDOP (Career Development Opportunity Program), learning center, gifted , center-based programs, CAPS and virtual

Some courses may be available through the Johnson County Technical Education Partnership


CAPS: Center for Advanced Professional Studies
Juniors and seniors can join other Blue Valley students to explore interests in profession-based learning. Classes are offered in: bioscience, business, technology and media, engineering and human services. Learn more on the CAPS website.

Special Services
Special Education - Students with an Individualized Education Program (IEP) may enroll in Study Skills or Gifted Education, as applicable. IEP students may also be eligible for Career Development Opportunities Program (CDOP) classes. Consult the counselor, case manager or transition specialist for more details.

Summer Program
Learn more on the Summer Program website.

Virtual Education
Students may enroll in virtual courses during the school day as one of their seven courses or as an after school option (fee involved). Learn more on the Virtual Education website.