At BVW we are fortunate to have students who have a heart for giving back to their communities through volunteer service. From giving time to support a charitable cause to volunteering with local organizations, our students are focusing on their personal growth in addition to their academic success.
In an effort to recognize all of the outstanding volunteer service of our students, Blue Valley Schools has revised the volunteer service guidelines and reporting mechanism to align with the Presidential Volunteer Service Awards (PVSA) program. Blue Valley's guidelines for volunteer service will match guidelines promoted by the PVSA.
- Awards will be issued for volunteer service only, not charitable donations.
- Students cannot receive payment of any kind for their volunteer service.
- Volunteer service cannot be court ordered.
- Awards will be issued for volunteer service hours served within a 12-month period and over the course of a lifetime. Blue Valley's volunteer service period runs April 1-March 31.
Gold Award: 250+ hours
Silver Award: 175-249 hours
Bronze Award: 100-174 hours
Lifetime Award: 4,000+ hours
Students will log their hours online through the
PVSA's website and will be given opportunities to register and begin recording volunteer service hours at school. Schools will serve as the certifying organization, which means the Volunteer Service Coordinator at each school will go online to validate and approve each student's volunteer service entries. Volunteer service hours will no longer be included on student transcripts, as volunteer service is not part of the district's graduation requirements.
The volunteer service changes are effective for the reporting period that runs April 1 to March 31 the following year. If you have any questions regarding volunteer service hours guidelines and reporting, please contact
Bryan Brutto. Thank you for supporting our students who have a heart for volunteer service.
First Step - Register
- Log on to the
- Click Register (blue button) or the Get started now and register with PVSA now link
- Complete the form to register as a volunteer. Select at least one focus area before submitting the application
- Click My Profile to complete the registration
- Select Add Record of Service
- Enter Blue Valley West's code
VGH-31161 and save (you must use this code to be recognized for awards
Second Step - Record
- Sign in to the
website by entering your email address and password
- Click on the My Service link
- Select Add Activity.
- Enter the service activity, benefiting organization name, the specific area of service, date of service and hours of service
- Click Save or Save & New to log additional volunteer service hours
- The reporting period is April 1-March 31 to be considered for a presidential award each Spring
- Log out